05/03/21 = 5PM LEVEL 3 ALERT:

Click here to see our back to school on Monday update.

28/02/21 = 2PM LEVEL 3 ALERT:

As you are aware, from 6am this morning until 6am Sunday 7th March, Auckland is in Alert Level 3, which means there is no school for any students for the next five days (Monday 1st – Friday 5th March), unless you are unable to provide supervision at home.

Distance learning kicks in immediately tomorrow, Monday morning and your child's form teacher will be leading this and checking in with you/ and your child each day from Monday to Friday, via phone, text or email and google hangout teaching moments. They will also be using the hard copy learning packs previously distributed. If you did not collect one last time you are able to do so from the front roundabout at school, remaining in your car, tomorrow, Monday 1st March between 10am and noon. 

If your child is coming to school for supervision, we will be following all appropriate health and safety procedures as we did successfully with the recent three-day lockdown and the ones during 2020. 

Some points to note:

· School hours are 8:30am to 3:15pm

· Access to the school is only through the front gate at 76 Russell Road. The back gate on Beeston Crescent will not be open

· Adults are unable to enter the school grounds, only students and staff. 

· Lunches in schools will be operating, so please ensure your child has their own water bottle as the school taps will be turned off.

If you have any queries, please contact your child’s form teacher or email me at iain@manurewaint.school.nz

Please also note the local places of interest that the latest case recently visited:
•City Fitness, Hunter Plaza, Papatoetoe (February 26, from 3.20pm to 4.40pm, and February 20, from 12.20pm to 1.45pm)
•Manukau Institute of Technology (February 22, 25, 26)
•Hunter Plaza (February 26, from 2.55pm to 5pm)
•Burger King Highland Park (February 25, from 8pm-9pm)
•Your Health Pharmacy (February 23, from 2.45pm to 3.50pm)
•Pak n Save Manukau (February 21 from 5.30pm to 6.40pm)

The Ministry of Health is advising people who were at the City Fitness gym at the days and times above to: "Please stay at home, get tested as soon as possible and call Healthline on 0800 3585453. Remain at home until you receive a negative test result. Self-monitor for Covid-19 symptoms for 14 days from your exposure. If symptoms develop after your first negative result, get another test immediately and stay at home until a negative test result is received."

People at the other locations are being told to self-monitor for Covid-19 symptoms for 14 days. "If symptoms develop, get tested and stay at home until a negative test result is received."

Please remember to keep safe and follow the chart at the bottom of this page!

17/02/21 = 6PM LEVEL 2 ALERT:

2021 COVID-19 Update to Whanau Feb Level 3 to 2.pdf

17/02/21 = 5PM LEVEL 2 ALERT:

School reopens for ALL students and staff tomorrow, Thursday 18th February. Please be there by 8.20am please, ready for 8.30am start. More detailed information will be up within the next half hour.

15/02/21
Further to our communication to you last night (Sunday 14th February) here is an update.
Your child’s Form Teacher is making direct contact with you today to go over a number of points.

Online learning links are on our website. Click the link below!

Home Learning Packs will be available from school tomorrow (Tuesday 16th February) from 10am until 12pm. Use the roundabout at the front of the school for the pick up of these. Please stay in your car. The school Leadership Team will be handing these to you.
We will continue to update whanau via Form Teacher direct contact and on our website.
#KeepSafe #TakeCare #StayTuned
https://www.manurewaint.school.nz/1287/pages/171-mi-humanities-learning-links

14/02/21

As you are aware, Auckland is in Level 3 which means there is no school for any students for the next three days (Monday 15th February - Wednesday 17th February) unless you are unable to provide supervision at home. Both Camps are cancelled i.e Rimu and Kowhai from Monday to Wednesday and Kauri and Tawa from Wednesday to Friday. We will provide more details by Wednesday 17th February. Please note, whilst there is no work provided for these three days, your child's form teacher will check in with you each day from Monday to Wednesday, via phone, text or email.

If your child is coming to school for supervision, we will be following all appropriate health and safety procedures as we did successfully in 2020. 

Some points to note:

• School hours are 8:30am to 3:15pm

• Access to the school is only through the front gate at 76 Russell Road. The back gate on Beeston Crescent will not be open

• Adults are unable to enter the school grounds, only students and staff. 

• Lunches in schools will not be operating, so please provide a packed lunch and a water bottle if your child is attending school

Please remember to keep safe and follow the chart below.

Important Notices